26 April, 2009

Bienvenue (welcome)!

For those without the gift of la langue française, the title for my going-on-mission blog translates as "the little shepherdess of Lutetia". Lutetia was an ancient name for a central island in Paris, and sounds rather like my full name, so it's my first attempt at a pun here! (Please laugh heartily at this weak joke, even if it's not at all funny.)

Why does she describe herself as a little shepherdess?” you might wonder. Well, I'm so often weak and far from mature in my Christian walk (just ask my gorgeous sisters or my beautiful mum) - and yet so lovingly has God considered me faithful and appointed me to His service (1 Timothy 1:12-17), as a little shepherdess of some of His flocks.

I hope to use this blog as a way of keeping my family, friends and numerous dearly-loved Christian sisters & brothers up to date with my journey into
Paris - with an IFES team, for summer outreach to locals.


I may not post very often here until after my flight to
Paris via Bangkok & London on 26th June 2009. Wow, exactly 2 months before I fly! Formidable!

If you're a Plaxo user, I occasionally use that service, and I'm a regular at http://mightychurch.com/forums/ as well.

À bientôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment