15 November, 2010

Une centaine des enfants juifs

For the 4th year in a row, I am rehearsing & performing Jewish children's songs of a highly religious nature at a Jewish school (where I worked as an Infants music teacher from 2007 to 2008).

I have been playing & singing with around 100 children (split into 4 classes), rehearsing songs about mitzvot (good works), shabbat (the day of rest - our Saturday) and Hashem (whom we call God, or the LORD).

Some of the songs (though definitely not all) are not only cute, but on the money:

BARUCH HASHEM (Blessed be The Name)
Baruch Hashem, I've got a Friend,
A Friend Who is always beside me,
Baruch Hashem, to the very end,
A Friend Who will always stick by me;
A Friend Who is kind, a Friend to share secrets with,
A Friend Who is always true blue,
A Friend Who is there, and He always cares -
Baruch Hashem, I've found it in You..


Of course, I think the theology could be deeper - but these are songs for Jewish children under the age of 7, after all..

L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment