15 October, 2009

La Folle des Boulots

(misquoted title of French stage-play: "La Folle de Chaillot")

Traduction: The madness/mad lady of jobs.
Or rather, the madness of searching for them!

Once again I've been sucked back into the swirling muck of job-seeking under C'link.
Plus: They pay me a fortnightly unemployment benefit.
Minus: I have to apply for and record details of 10 employees contacted each fortnight.
Which gets nightmarish once I have casual days of work!

And the rejection letters just keep rolling in, it seems.
Not because I'm unimpressive; I get interviews, and they result in casual work. But when (as with CAS school Knox), your application is 1 out of 80 that flood in, being knocked back quite quickly is just what happens to most people like myself. Especially in the midst of a crise financielle.

Am I considering drastic changes over the next 2-4 years?
Sometimes - when I have the time. All it feels I ever do these days is jobsearch, apply, record, blah, blah, do I need to go on?

I need time to sit still and pray more about where life appears to be galloping.

I need time to listen to God more about how He wants me to treat Him and others as we gallop on.

I need time to say thank you, too!
________________

If you pray, please pray for that kind of time:

To be still and know that God is God;
to play my part in exalting Him among the nations (hmm!) and in the earth (PSA.46:10);
and to know what on earth that should look like for me.

Bises,
L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment