27 April, 2010

Un an - hier!

This blog is officially 1 year and 1 day old. *blowing paper trumpet*

When it was engendered, I called it my "going-on-mission blog". But, as one of my favourite Terry Pratchett novel quotes goes:
"We've all passed a lot of water since then."

(No, that was not a typing or thinking error!)

One thing that hasn't changed, is that the blog still reflects and is tracking my journey into Paris - from when I first visited in June '09, & departed regretfully in July - then retraced my steps back into it & out again during September '09..

..to the present moment.

Oh, the journey's not over.
In many ways it has become a great & ongoing adventure.

> Through personal sorrow and disappointment, then out the other side - not ending in worldly happiness or satisfaction, but in a deeper thirst for my Father & what He wills for my life.

>> Through the kindled fires of OSCC** mission enthusiasm - the dampening winds of doubt - the sharp light of financial restrictions juxtaposed with the softer, warmer rays of hope in God's holy power to do whatever He wants regardless of how humanly impossible a situation may be.
________________

{Only slight fluffiness in these lyrics.
Enjoy them - they're from an old hymn.}

Every step is getting brighter
As the golden stairs I climb;
Every burden's getting lighter,
Every cloud is silver-lined.
There the sun is always shining,
There no tear will dim the eye;
At the ending of the rainbow
Where the mountains touch the sky.

Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.



HERE is the source of the lyrics,
by Ira Stanphill.


C'est vraiment formidable.
Béni soit le nom glorieux du Seigneur.


L/T.


**
Click here if you need to know what OSCC stands for.

No comments:

Post a Comment