30 September, 2017

3 amis et plus de bénédictions

3 friends and even more blessings.

As a single person, family and friends become of increasing importance.

In the past week I have been exceedingly thankful to God reflecting on the people and relationships He has mercifully given me. Not only my family, whom most of the time I get along with surprisingly well, but the many friends I have.
________________

I want to briefly note 3 such friends, though not by name (to protect the innocent).

One from out of town (she lives in a climate somewhat warmer than Sydney) who made sure to see me around my birthday because she knew she'd be within literal poking distance. And she gives great hugs and has a wonderfully bubbly laugh that I first heard about 21 years ago and am delighted to have heard again in close range in recent days.

The other two friends in view here - both Sydney residents, one a believer and mission-minded yet quite introverted gospel partner, whilst the other is an unsaved ballet friend - both sacrificed time (and significant emotional energy) precious to them just to spend an hour in my company during the aforesaid birthday week. Time that could otherwise have been spent, one in additional church ministry preparation, and the other on a relaxing few days away in the mountains with her husband. Time that they spent with me anyway, for which I am both joyful and thankful!

As a sinful human person with incredibly low self-esteem, whilst I struggle not to attribute value to myself based on what anyone thinks of me or how people treat me, I do feel very blessed that the God whose esteem for me is all that matters for eternity has given me not just these 3 friends, but many more like them.

Maybe even you, if you count yourself my friend.

And my prayer not only for me and for them, but for you also, is that our identity and our hope be found only in Christ Jesus who came into the world to save sinners (of whom I am the worst, 1 TIMOTHY 1:15ff).

"Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honour and glory for ever and ever."
1 TIMOTHY 1:17

L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment