03 November, 2017

3 ans comme étudiants en théologie

An open letter to the 3rd year students at Moore College in 2017.

________________

[To the church of the Third Years at Moore College write:]

I’m not saying this as an apostle!
Nor do I speak as a prophet/ess. Though possibly you might call me a tongue-speaker (interpretable), but I digress.

If you recall it (by some freak of nature), we met in 2015, when I was doing First Year, Episode II. On reflection over the months and years since then, I have some expressions of thanks to give that are specific to your year group. It is the right time to say these things because I know that a number of you are finishing up your studies and leaving the College community at the end of 2017.

I am thankful to God not only for your partnership in the gospel, but also for the love I perceive that you have for all the saints.

In four years of studying first-year subjects  -  whilst feeling like an eternal fringe-dweller on the edge of the Moore community  -  the love of Christ has been uniquely expressed in your year group (well, at least in anyone that I know by both name and face!).

Both collectively and individually, I have seen this love practically expressed through your welcoming and inclusive attitudes to one and all.

It has also been evident in the way you have cared and prayed for those who are struggling.

This love is clearly reflected, moreover, in the heart that so many of you show (or have developed) for gospel-poor churches and people groups outside of Sydney and Australia. It has been a blessing and a privilege, not only to see your labour that is prompted by this Christlike love, but to have personally experienced it as well, every year since the start of 2015.

Above all, I am thankful to God, who in His mercy
 has made this Third Year group who you are today.
He is the One who has made your love increase and overflow
 for one another and for everyone around you (1 Thess. 3:12).

Whether we meet much in the future or not:
May He who began a good work in you carry it on to completion
 until the day of Christ Jesus (Phil. 1:6),
 and may He strengthen your hearts
 so that you will be blameless and holy in His presence
 when Christ Jesus comes with all His holy ones (1 Thess. 3:13).

I look forward to seeing and hearing how God might use you all for His glory in the months or years to come. Prayer points will always be welcomed!

L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment