07 August, 2009

Premier mercredi du mois

{Fr.-En. "First Wednesday of the month".}

5 weeks and 2 days ago, Wednesday, 1st of July, 2009, I had what must rate as THE most meaningful human conversation of my life... .. ..I was trotting hopefully around the spacious campus grounds of Cité Universitaire, Paris, France, clutching a small bundle of leaflets which advertised GBU evangelism-infused soirées, and a survey titled "D'APRÈS VOUS, QUI EST JESUS?" (Fr.-En.: "And you, who do you say Jesus is?".)

At that precise moment in time I was weak, I was scared, I was alone, I was far away from family & Christian support networks, I was far away from the land of my birth.

What I still had:
The gift of la langue française (the gift of "the French tongue"); some of the Word of God stored in heart & mind; a French-version of the 2 Ways To Live tract in my bag; & last but by no means least, God the Holy Spirit ever resting on me.

I had gone to France well aware of some of my own major character flaws:
*lack of emotional stability
*lack of security in God alone throughout every area of life
*lack of spiritual maturity (IMHO)
..and oh my, that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Yet, in that next fateful hour, GOD USED ME ANYWAY.
Check the 3rd, 4th & 5th paragraphs of the 1 juillet post:
http://lutetia-de-paris.blogspot.com/2009/07/une-conversation-fille-atheiste.html

Did I mention that GOD USED ME ANYWAY?
Because He did. His grace was sufficient for me, for His power was made perfect in my weakness (2 COR. 12:9).
I was a much-cracked jar of clay.
A weak, not-that-mature Christian.
A mild-depression sufferer.
An injured soldier in the ongoing war on anger-management.
An unworthy servant.
I could go on and on about every possible reason I should have been utterly useless in that situation.

Yet truly God's grace was poured out in abundance on me (1 TIM. 1:14). Especially in that hour.
Truly the message I was enabled to communicate to this atheist girl was not with wise or persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, that any faith she may in future develop in years to come might rest not on my wisdom, but on God's power alone (1 COR.2:4-5).

Thank you DANIEL, of the tribe of Judah, Jewish servant of God first and of the king of Babylon second, for words written over 2500 years ago, which inspired me:
Blessed be the name of God forever and ever,
to whom belong wisdom and might.
He changes times and seasons;
he removes kings and sets up kings;
he gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to those who have understanding;..
..To you, O God of my fathers,
I give thanks and praise,
for you have given me wisdom.. .. ..

2e chapitre, versets 20, 21 et 23

Is God willing to use me again in such a way as this?
In such a place as this?
In such a language as this?
At such a time as this?

Je ne veux qu'une année de ma vie. Une année, c'est toute, et à toute à l'heure.

Je ne demande pas beaucoup d'années. Une année seule.


L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment