03 August, 2009

Félicitations aux étudiants anciens!

In 2005 I did a memorable three months of Religious Studies teaching at Cranbrook School in Bellevue Hill (mainly with Year 7; they're now Year 11 2009).

Just heard that the school's 1st XV won against The Scots College last weekend (in what is known in the school community as the Battle of Bellevue Hill). 13-7 was the full-time score.

Now, I'm not a sport-mad person, nor have I any particular interest in rugby. In fact, the weekend they played, I was out, happily oblivious to the dramas, watching the movie Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince with my sisters. Yet I know that winning against a school like Scots means quite a lot to my former students, and how elated the Cranbrook community must be.

Well done boys!

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment