07 March, 2010

À propos de la prière

Deux milles et un
Just over eight years ago, while my teaching career was in germination stage, I did a prac. with a class of thirty-one Year 4 students. In that class of 20 boys & 11 girls was one student from a Christian & church-going background.

I remember with great fondness that whole class, though they weren't the easiest bunch to work with as a group. It's hard to believe that now most of them have completed high school. But it was in 2001, that year, when I first began to pray for students I was teaching - for the salvation of the unbelieving & the genuinely-proved/maturing faith of those in Christian or churchgoing families.

Now it's 2010, & to my delight, I recently learned that the student mentioned in my 1st paragraph is yes, genuinely Christian still, & actively so.

Deux mille deux
A year after that 2001 prac., I did a teaching internship at an Anglican school, with fifty Year 5 boys. I had but one term teaching them, & my prayers for them were the same as for previous students
- with the added request to the Father from time to time, that for those who grew into committed Christians, they would develop into godly leaders of the future.

One of those fifty boys is now doing a GAP year at the same school. Is a Christian. Is interested in further training for ministry. Is under the leadership of much older Christian brothers whom I go to church with each Sunday morning. Is currently helping look after children of my Bible-study friends - all young/ish mothers - so that they can get more out of Bible-study time!

I had no idea, when I began praying around 8 years ago, that I would see an answer beyond what I could ask or imagine.

That 8 years after starting to pray those little prayers for my [then] little students would result in them coming to help out in my own church.

That wasn't specifically what I prayed over the last 8 years. But I'll receive it with thanksgiving!!
________________

Moral of story:
Pray.
Without.
Ceasing.

You never know what God will do, eight years down the track.

Words cannot describe Him!!

L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment