27 February, 2010

Les cygnes les plus grandes

A number of you looking closely at my profile may have noticed I'm into classical ballet.

If you have no interest, stop reading now!! What follows will bore you senseless.

For those still reading, something which has me thinking at present is - which dancer of the last 2 decades is best at interpreting the Swan Queen?

Here are four dancers, each performing the same Odette solo from Lac des Cygnes. In all other aspects of talent, their dancing is exquisite. True ballerinas.

I must add that I do not commend them for their appearance; I would actively discourage myself & every other girl I know from thinking they are normal, or something to strive towards by dieting, exercise or other means of weight-loss.

But in terms of balletic artistry - who is most swan-like, in her movements?

Galina Mezentseva?

Lucia Lacarra?

Svetlana Zakharova?

Or Yulia Makhalina?

My main criteria is how swan-like are the movements of the dancers' arms - & the slower, the better.

See what you think.

L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment