15 May, 2009

CCC Milson's Point (église bien-aimée): Je rends grâces pour vous#3

42 days (6 weeks) to go!

Can't wait!

And yet, so many things to do, so many thanks to give.. .. ..

A DEDICATION to all my friends from the Chinese Christian Church Milson’s Point community:

You were the church of my childhood, and you remain the church of my heart. I deeply regret that I have not felt able to spend as many Sundays with you in the last 13 months as I have wished.

But what being away from you has made me realise, is that there are so very many people I love and appreciate in this church. The sheer number of sisters & brothers I know at CCC means I often only get to catch up with you once a year!

Yet I THANK God for your personal & individual encouragement to me over the years I have known you, whenever we have had opportunity.

What follows is an attempt to honour as many of you as I can call to mind (& hope you’re resilient enough not to be hurt if I inadvertently forget to mention you).

Important Notes.
The 2006-2009 Bible Study groups I’ve been involved in are acknowledged FIRST. Next, you’ll find everyone else from the CCC community who have been helpful friends to me at one time or more, in word or deed.

All first names are initials-only, as if alphabetically ordered; in the case of married couples, the wife’s name precedes the husband’s one. I have then placed your surnames first, for added mirth on my part!

For those I have not had the privilege of studying the Bible with:
To find your name & any message I have left you, pay attention to the order given; those who with me share in the freedom, er, I mean the unmarried, categories, have been listed first.

My married friends are then acknowledged. Whom I try to pray for, but probably not often enough as I suspect you need!!

Do look around for any message addressed to you, though - I do want you to know how very thankful I am that God put you in my life!


Have fun hunting your name in the brouhaha. (*giggle*)

Bible Study group, 2009:
I’m thankful to God for the fellowship we can share, for the deep intellectual discussions over Scripture, for the love especially among the sisters of the group.

Also am I thankful for your tolerance & patience with my babel-fish English translations of French Bible passages (and for supporting my preparation for Paris mission in this way)!!

For the willingness & perseverance of the group, especially those I know least well, in padding along every week.

For the forbearance of all of you, in spite of our diversity of personalities & learning styles.

And now, a few personal comments & Bible verses for you:

*CHONG, H. & G. ..We grew up together; it’s been great to stick around so long with you, to share in the good fight of the faith for so long. May it continue! EPHESIANS 6:9-10

*LIM, J. ..I’ve been so encouraged by your openness & consideration throughout the year so far. I always look forward to our car trips because of the gracious and well-seasoned conversations you so often lead us into. COLOSSIANS 1:3-4

*LING, J. ..Your ongoing hospitality, generosity & eagerness to serve never fail to lift my spirits - they are a testimony to the work of God in your life and it’s such a blessing. 1 THESSALONIANS 5:23-24

*LEE, J. & M. ..It is a thrill to see your thirst for deeper knowledge of God & His Word, reflected in the questions you’re always asking during study time - even when they’re not easy ones to ask or be answered! EPHESIANS 1:17

*ZHU, R./WOO, S. ..Still don’t know you all that well, but I appreciate, Richard, your commitment to the group; & am so thankful, Stephen, for your generous transport attitude! PHILIPPIANS 4:19

*CHOI, S. & E. ..It has been heartening to see your endurance in Christian faith during these recent times of uncertainty & insecurity. I’m thankful also for the hard work you do to keep the group up & running - in preparation, hosting, administration, general service to us. 2 THESSALONIANS 2:16-17

*LI, S. & R. ..In the many years we’ve been acquainted, God has so graciously blessed our friendship. May He continue to bless you, remind you of His love & care, bring delight to you in knowing Him & give you the desires of your hearts. You know me too well to assume I’m saying any of this glibly; you know what I’ve had to cope with - & so, for you, I leave one of my most personal Bible verses. 2 CORINTHIANS 4:17-18

In moments of calm reason like this - looking back over friends like these that God has given me - how could I not be sure how much He loves me?

Thank you God for these fantastic Christian sisters & brothers, for Your gracious & loving provision of them in my life!

Thanksgiving still to be posted for:
~ "draquila"
(Bible Study group, 2008)

~ "da Artarmon housegroup"
(Bible Study group, 2006 & ’07)

~ Missionary Committee/mission-minded friends

~ Numerous random friends - unmarried & married

And that’s just CCC Milson’s Point.

It’s not over yet.. .. ..nowhere near it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment