01 May, 2009

Mes cousins/tantes/oncles: Je rends grâces pour vous#2

Maternal relatives:

TOUS LES COUSINS
As I look back on my early years, I know that the happiest times of my childhood were spent with you, my cousins of the noble house of Lee. Oh what fun we had! At family houses, at restaurants, us girls taking turns to wear the Lee "heirloom" dress, getting Pohpoh across the road to Mandarin Club before the traffic lights went green, watching our parents try to dissuade Pohpoh from giving too generously.. .. ..and the meals, what meals! Pavlovas, smoked salmon and prawns, potato salads and noodle salads - I thank God for all that goodness, the mirth, the merriment, the memories.

(Chrétiens: Eleanor & Ken, Norman & Becky, Greta, Mark et Annabelle)
To the cousins who are not only my closest relatives but share my everlasting hope in the death, resurrection and reign of our Lord Jesus - it gives me great joy to know of your faith in Him. Greater joy still that, even though we haven't been together that much since Pohpoh died, we will be in glory together on the last Day. Truly our citizenship is in heaven; may all of you continue to await from there Jesus our Saviour. (PHIL. 3:20)

{Pas chrétiens: Michael, Peter, Karina & Perin)
To my younger cousins - I am thankful to God for the recent chances we've had to see each other more often. K. & P., I have especially loved talking the dance side of rhythmic gymnastics with you. For all four of you, I pray that God will continue to preserve your lives, and that you might one day hope in Him also.


MES TANTES ET MES ONCLES
To the Lees of my mother's generation - her brothers and their wives:
I thank God for your input in my life since my birth, your concern, support, and ongoing interest in me and my welfare. You have been like a community of parents to me, especially in the years where Mum brought us up on her own. Growing up with you around, even in the tough times, has enriched my life. I have so appreciated all your care - including, of course my uncles' medical care as my doctors, so often at very short notice!

(Chrétiens: Aunties C. & J., Uncles D. & S.)
God has so graciously also used you to encourage me in my Christian walk. Auntie J., thank you for the times you made yourself available to ask how things were going at times when mum wasn't around, for taking us into your home in that long-ago time when the house had flooded and it seemed life was falling apart, and for your advice on matters of mission, ministry and the heart. Auntie C., thank you for your many contributions over the years to my musical development - for your critical ears and skills that have helped me pass my music exams AND made me a much better musician and performer than I could have ever been if left alone. I look back on my achievements in music throughout my life and I thank God for the part you played - as, funnily enough, I played to you!

{Pas chrétiens: Auntie K. & Uncle K.)
I'm so thankful for the many times you hosted us on the Central Coast, even though it must have been a huge task managing all of us; for your hospitality, your delicious food (those curries!), and more recently, esp. Auntie K.'s information feeds on dealing with unemployment and getting casual teaching work. I've still got all those useful numbers and contacts you gave me! May God show you even more mercy and kindness as you have shown to me all the years of my life.

Paternal relatives
{Ma-ma, Uncle H. & Auntie S.H., Auntie H., Rob and the boys}
I thank God for your input in my life - esp. to Uncle H. & Auntie S.H., who have done so much for us, Hudson's 3 girls. I want you to know that all those little financial gifts, given over time, have always made a difference - you have been one way in which God has worked to help provide for the little needs of life, and I'm so thankful for you. I rejoice also in your faith in God, in times which I know have not been easy for you - and know that one day, many of us will rejoice together before the throne of God above.


{Voyage en France: Just under 56 days to go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment