05 May, 2009

Pourrais-je dormir?

This is hysterical.

My first day in Paris, 27th June (Sat.), I will arrive at Charles de Gaulle Int'l. 13h (1PM) French time, after nearly 23 hours in the air.

As I'm going economy, I don't expect to have gotten much sleep in those 23 hours.

Our first mission team meeting will be around 17h (5PM) that same day...here's a direct quote, which I have translated for you!

French:
"Pour samedi le 27 juin. On prévient l'accueil entre 17 et 18h, pour commencer une soirée légère à 18h avec toute l'équipe."

English:
For Saturday 27/6. Welcoming [of team members] is anticipated between 5PM & 6PM. to begin a light evening at 6PM with all the team.

In other words, 23+4 hours after leaving Sydney, and around a total of 34 hours since last placing head on a horizontal pillow, I get to register properly and meet my fellow team members.

Does anyone have an experience of a team-meeting like this one, that you attended after straight 33 hours of sleep deprivation, to share? I'd love to hear every possible tip that might help me get through this first meeting awake (on that day in June)!

52 days to work this one out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment