10 November, 2009

Conversation: jeune élève juif

Yesterday, while at the school of my Jews, I went out to one of the playground areas at 11h05, to say hello to a few of the kids I taught Music to in 2007 and 2008. They commented that they hadn't seen me in a while, so I explained how I'd visited Paris, London, HK and Paris again.

At which point one of the kids asked me if I'd been to Notre-Dame (famous cathedral in Paris).

I said, yes, but hadn't bothered to go inside, since I found even the outside quite disturbing.

At this child's look of surprise, I went on to explain, briefly, that because I am a Protestant Christian, I was not in agreement with (protesting against) the way the Catholic Church was running in France.

A tiny snapshot conversation with a Jewish former student. One little seed sown - one link in a chain that, who knows, might lead them to Yehoshua, the Moshiach (i.e. Jesus).

Random!

L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment