19 November, 2009

Dieu peut-il utiliser les faibles?

Can God use weak people?

Can He use people who are the worst of sinners?

Can He use those who by nature are blasphemers, persecutors, violent?

People like ME (slow to listen, quick to speak and quick to become angry)?

There but for the grace of God go I.

And in light of that
- and a chunk of Bible text from 1 TIMOTHY 1
- I say:
"Here I am. Send me!"
________________

1 Timothée 1,12-17
I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength,
that He considered me faithful,
appointing me to His service.
Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man,
I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief.
The grace of our Lord was poured out on me
abundantly, along with the faith
and love that are in Christ Jesus.

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance:
Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners
- of whom I am the worst
.
But for that very reason I was shown mercy
so that in me, the worst of sinners,
Christ Jesus might display His unlimited patience
as an example for those who would believe on Him
and receive eternal life.

Now to the King
eternal, immortal, invisible,
the only God,
be honor and glory for ever and ever.


L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment