17 November, 2009

Je ne sais pas ce qui arrivera demain

I don't know about tomorrow,
It may bring me poverty;
But the One Who feeds the sparrow,
Is the One Who stands by me.
And the path that be my portion,
May be through the flame or flood,
But His presence goes before me,
And I'm covered with His blood.


Many things about tomorrow,
I don't seem to understand;
But I know Who holds tomorrow,
And I know Who holds my hand.


(From the hymn, "I know Who holds tomorrow"
- lyrics & music by Ira Stanphill, circa 1950)

I grew up with this hymn, and it is pure GOLD.

L/T.

3 comments:

  1. eumelio said...

    I love this hymn too Letitia =)

    Mayumi

    November 17, 2009 9:25 PM


    **this accidentally deleted comment has been shabbily salvaged here!**

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe hi letitia, i'll re-post that I love that hymn as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, isn't it a fantastic OLD hymn??!?

    With deep, meaningful (not to mention not outdated) words. And that's just 1 verse out of the 3!!

    It reflects my mood as December looms, since I'm feeling a bit like my future has suddenly slipped off a cliff and is hanging in the balance.

    Not in a sad, miserable or panicky way - but suddenly, teaching alone is not enough for me. And if teaching here - so very far from Europe - is all that I'm (pre)destined to do for the rest of my life, it will be happening as Plan B, because Plan A had not ever worked out in my lifetime.

    Of course this is all hypothetical. *sigh*

    I had a random moment yesterday where I missed life and friends in Europe - and all that these things mean.

    Now I await with some trepidation a few verdicts in the next fortnight.. ..

    ReplyDelete