18 February, 2010

Confort et chanson

ISAIAH 40, verses 27 to 31
Ésaïe 40,27-31
"Why do you say, O Jacob, and complain, O Israel,
'My way is hidden from the LORD;
my cause is disregarded by my God'?

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?

The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.

He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.

They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
"
________________

The hymn I'm about to quote, I remember well from my childhood.

But what does it really mean?
What does it not mean?
And what does my Father want it to look like for me?

Donnez le meilleur
Give of your best to the Master;
Give of the strength of your youth.
Throw your soul’s fresh, glowing ardo
ur
Into the battle for truth.
Jesus has set the example,
Dauntless was He, young and brave.
Give Him your loyal devotion;
Give Him the best that you have.


Give of your best to the Master;
Give of the strength of your youth.
Clad in salvation’s full armo
ur,
Join in the battle for truth.


SOURCE
(words): How­ard B. Grose (1902).
[See link for more.]

L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment