26 February, 2010

Quelques choses

On the agenda for This Post:

1. John's gospel - personal reflections/notes
2. A random, unexpected, but by God's grace fruitful, gospel conversation
________________

Jean, lui qui Jésus aimait
It has been brought to my attention that a few more people are tracking my postings here because of my notes on Johannine recounts.

Welcome!

He's my friend of the moment, John Zebedee
- but I've been concentrating my study on
(a) what he seems to be saying about how we can know God
(b) what he seems to be saying about how to know what God wants for us
(that is, any or all of us who are His people because of our hope & discipleship in Christ Jesus, our Lord & Saviour).

Hope the notes may be of some use - relevant posts have this phrase: "..du fils de Zébédée.."
________________

C'est chouette!
C'est super!
C'est merveilleux!
Béni soit le nom glorieux du Seigneur!!

This week I was sitting in the prep staffroom of a prestigious boys' school west of where I live; it was after school, & as a casual, I was writing notes for the teacher I'd replaced au sujet de lessons she had hoped I would teach for her students.

What I have to say next involves some "in-talk", & if you need explanation, I apologise that I'm not able to give it straight away. Most of you should know what a GAP year is, & who can be called a "gappie".

So I was in the staffroom tying up some paperwork ends, & this "gappie" (GAP student) no older than my first graduating class of students, the Class of 2009, walked up & introduced himself, having done the rush-by "meet-&-greet" earlier in the day. We got talking, & by the grace of God got, somehow (I cannot imagine how, really), into discussing Christianity, the Christian faith, the Catholic faith to which this "gappie" was exposed; .. & in that discussion
- thanks to good old John/Genesis studies at TAT/meetings to discuss women's ministry with my MTS coach Alison Napier -
I was able to talk to this "gappie" about what the Bible really says on issues that he thought (as an unbeliever of agnostic persuasion) were open to interpretation and/or controversial. About real relationship with God & with Jesus, based on Bible referencing. As much as possible I talked up the Bible & the importance of reading it for oneself.

It was an opportunity which I had not in fact expected - though I do remember asking God early in the day to open doors for me to encourage & witness to school staff (though many profess Christian faith).

It was an opportunity I couldn't have taken without the solid reading God had given me to do of His Word according to John, in Genesis & in tracking Christian women's roles (esp. ministry ones) with Alison N.'s guidance.

Truly, PSALM 73 is so very salient at this time -
"..as for me it is good to be near God;
I have made the Lord GOD my refuge,
that I may tell of all Your works."


Seems like I'm joyfully thanking the Father a lot more these days.
Thank You, GOD!!

Par-tay!

L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment