20 June, 2009

CCC Milson's Pt. (égl. b'n-aimée) III: Je rends grâces pour vous#5

Just under 6, yes, 6, days to go.. .. ..

*hyperventilating*

*running around aeroplaning & screaming - mentally*

In 2006 and 2007, I was gifted by God what I now believe to have been a tremendous blessing: a Bible study group we affectionately called "da Artarmon" housegroup. Most Tuesday nights we gathered at Teresa & Dan Lee's home in (surprise, surprise), Artarmon.

We were, I think, one heck of a group. Diverse and multi-aged, I don't know how we achieved the amount of cohesiveness we got - there but for the grace of God!

I look back on the days of "da Artarmon" amid giggles and grins, dusted lightly with the icing sugar of nostalgia (sorry, waxing poetic now).

And I thank God for you, my sisters and brothers.. .. ..

Leaders
* LEE, T. & D. (with Maddie)
Where to start, Teresa?

The earliest memory I have of you, being friends in primary Sunday School?

Or an earlier recorded incident - Louisa & myself the twin tots, nappies and all, hugging you the third tot in the trio on Balmoral Beach?

Wherever I look on the timeline, it has been fantastic knowing you for most of it & being friends/sisters in Christ with you. From the primary grades, through youth group, SOTé and beyond, I have to say that you rate as one of the kindest, most faithful, caring and open people God has ever placed in my life. It was a privilege to grow up with you, and more recently to grow in Christ with you.

To both of you now: your support of me is ever appreciated - the listening ears, the willingness to plough on through deep theological discussions, the patience when I just couldn't or wouldn't shut up!!

May God continue to grow you & provide ample time for you & Maddie to increase in love & knowledge of Him; & as life grows more uncertain, may you live and ever respond to God not by sight - by what you see or experience - but by faith in the promises of His Word.

2 CORINTHIANS 4:16-18.
A Bible verse for everyone who took part in our housegroup!

Da Artarmon sisters:
(Clare, Jade, Janessa, Katie, Kim, Laura, Nat, Steph & Tiffany)
God is such a generous God, to have shown His grace & generosity in each one of you. I'm thankful to Him for the generosity each of you showed me in different ways - in openness, in willingness to engage in discussions, in time; also for the often joyful commitment you showed to the group throughout the year. I'm happy to see that most of you have stayed on with me at CCC at the present time - COLOSSIANS 2:6-7.

Da Artarmon brothers:
(Clement, Ed, Gowa, Joe, Ken, Ryan, Tim & Tony)
OK, well maybe I only chatted to each of you twice a year, but it wasn't that much of a hard slog! I said God showed me generosity when it came to the girls - with you brothers, I think He just showed me a lot of mercy!! Seriously, I thank God for your affability & sincerity when you ended up praying with me - and for your tolerance when you disagreed with me! (Not that disagreement happened very often - praise God!) 1 TIMOTHY 4:9-12 and, also, 6:11-14. Ken Chong, far away in the USA - and Tim Lee - going there very soon - DO take a look at those Bible verses left for you!

To all members of "da Artarmon" - it was a great group to be a part of. And such a valuable gift to share fellowship with you over 2 years of Bible studies. See to it that you complete the work you have received in our Lord (cf.COLOSSIANS 4:17)!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment