04 September, 2009

Mais pourquoi retourner à Paris?

In 9 days, I'm going back to Paris for another semaine ADN (outreach week).

Why return to Paris, and so soon?

There are some things I'd like to find out, which I'm hoping I'll be a step closer to finding out after I've gone for the second time..

Pondering:
Since my arrival in Sydney on 16th July, I have been pondering the future.

Pondering whether more long-term involvement in the work of the Groupes Bibliques Universitaires of Paris might be possible for me - or simply beyond me.

Pondering why I should stay in Australia when all the usual doors I'd otherwise be choosing have stayed shut.

Pondering what are the implications of Bible passages that speak so clearly about the condemnation of those who reject God's Son (e.g. JOHN 3:36) - esp. when there is so much less freedom for people to hear about the true Jesus outside of Australia.

Pondering whose voice I'm really hearing, whose desire this really is, when a Bible verse leaps off the page at me during Q.T.'s, when my heart looks towards France (even though Australia is SO much nicer/cheaper to live in).

Pondering how best to use my new-found emotional freedom..
- which I did not have between 26th March 2008 and 26th June 2009
(such a waste of 15 months really, when I might have done so much more good than I did) -
..esp. before any new distraction drags me back down..!

Priez-vous pour moi?
Once again I ask anyone reading this blog & talking to God about me, to pray the following:

1. For time that I may read God's Word, independently of my Sunday-school and TAT-prep. passages

2. For time & inclination to listen to my Heavenly Father
(even/esp. when I'm not sure I want to listen)

3. For time & inclination to obey my Heavenly Father - in the small daily things as well as the big
(even/esp. when I'm not sure I want to obey)

4. For time enough to not be distracted from the Father by anything..
..OR anyone.

5. For time enough to sort out all things I need to arrange before flying out on Sunday 13th September!

6. For time to pursue a more devoted relationship with the Father, that my desire might become just whatever His desire is for me.. .. ..and that I humble myself before Him, contrite and trembling at His Word.

Because I'm not there yet.

L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment