04 September, 2009

Mon étude biblique: COL. 1-2

This week (on top of usual duties of job-searching etc.), was obliged to prepare a Bible study on COLOSSIANS 1:24-2:5.

Working through that Bible passage was really difficult and even after conferring with one of the Bible-study leaders I still wasn't sure I had it right.

I think because in Sunday-school we tend to spend more time on narratives, not Pauline epistles!!

Anyhow, in hindsight, I consider that the following ISAIAH quote (66:2) has particular relevance after my struggles through my allocated portion of Colossian text..!

"This is the one I esteem:
he who is humble and contrite in spirit,
and trembles at my word."


Yes, it was hard. And yet, a really good exercise. One can never have too much humility.. .. ..but often, we don't value it enough!

L/T.

No comments:

Post a Comment