13 September, 2009

Tout va bien

All has gone smoothly, the public house areas generally tidied, the dishes washed up (but not put away), the cat fed and her litterbox clean, the Sunday School class taught.

And in case you've only been skim reading recent posts, I'm back inside Sydney Kingsford-Smith, awaiting a flight to Paris via Singapore.

As you'll know if you've followed my journey since about June this year, I'm heading back to Paris to join the Groupes Bibliques Universitaires (GBU) students in their O-Week outreach.

I expect it to be harder than the June/July mission for several reasons:

1. Longer - 11 days (or 10 for me), instead of the 8 we did last (European) summer.
2. Different team; more locals, less internationals apparently. I'll probably feel more of an outsider this time.
3. I'll be seeking feedback from the long-termers; Australians or IFES-UK workers, whoever is able/willing to chat at length. That may be hard to accept; by nature I'm not the queen of graciousness/humility when it comes to correction, etc.
4. Remember YOUR O-Weeks, uni. students & graduate-friends? Oh, they were challenging, and rewarding..
..but imagine trying to do SUEU or CBS-NSW stuff without being allowed to even enter most of the university campus areas. Much greater restrictions in place!

And for that, any prayers you have to spare would be so much appreciated!

Please pray
* that God will open doors for the message, that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ to unreached students (COL.4:2-6)
* that we will preach Christ Jesus as Lord and us as His servants (2 COR.4:5)
* that in this time where after a crazily hectic week, I will..
..be still
..seek God
..know that He is God (PSA.46:11)
..know what obedience to my Lord really means
(esp. in relating to those closest to me)
..listen & be sure & be willing to obey/accept what my Heavenly Father wants for me (regardless of any differences between what He wants and what others want..)

Arrival: 2PM Sydney time, Monday (6AM Paris time). May be straight into mission (will have missed the opening day today), so don't know if I can post before end of week.

Please do not pray what you want for me.
Please pray what GOD wants for me.

Love to all,
L/T.

1 comment:

  1. Trix, some queries: what school are you expecting the call from and when should they have called by? How can we contact you while you're in Paris?

    Am back in Oz, full of experiences and full of weariness. Not looking forward to work tomorrow. Oy.

    ReplyDelete